A documentary about human creativity.
THE CREATIVE BRAIN takes audiences on a journey with David Eagleman to meet accomplished professionals from across the creative spectrum and unravel the creative process.
Inspired by The Runaway Species, this fascinating program puts David together with creatives from varying disciplines:
- Emmy Award winning television producer and writer D.B. Weiss, best known as the co-creator of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
- Grammy nominated recording artist and Le Cordon Bleu trained chef, Kelis.
- Academy Award Winning actor, director, screenwriter, producer and musician, Tim Robbins.
- Pulitzer Prize Winning American novelist and short-story writer, Michael Chabon.
- Former Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft, co-founder of Intellectual Ventures and the principal author of Modernist Cuisine, Nathan Myhrvold.
- Four time Grammy Award winning American pianist, composer and record producer, Robert Glasper.
- Australian musician singer-songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional film actor, Nick Cave.
- Renowned Danish architect, Bjarke Ingels.
- Canadian singer, songwriter, record producer and visual artist, Grimes.
- American movie director and Oscar and Emmy Award winning visual effects supervisor and producer, Phil Tippett.
Aired on Netflix until 2022; new channels currently under negotiation.
"Eagleman has a talent for testing the untestable, for taking seemingly sophomoric notions and using them to nail down the slippery stuff of consciousness."
- The New Yorker
"David Eagleman offers startling lessons.... His method is to ask us to cast off our lazy commonplace assumptions.
- The Guardian
"David Eagleman is the kind of guy who really does make being a neuroscientist look like fun."
- New York Times
"[A] neuroscientist and polymath."
- Wall Street Journal
"What Eagleman seems to be calling for is a new Enlightenment."
- Sunday Herald
"A popularizer of impressive gusto...[Eagleman] aims, grandly, to do for the study of the mind what Copernicus did for the study of the stars."
- New York Observer
"David Eagleman may be the best combination of scientist and fiction-writer alive."
- Stewart Brand